Supportive counseling is an integrated approach to treatment of clients with psychosocial issues. The counselling practice will be offering professional counselling focusing on issues that are not far from the current fight against HIV and AIDS. This model, which integrates individuals, couples and HIV management counseling approaches with psychological interventions, attempts to balance the client’s thoughts, emotions, motivation and commitment to treatment.
Counseling will be targeting individuals, couples and Companies presenting with the following common psychosocial issues;
- Stress management
- Adherence counseling
- HIV Management and Care
- HIV/AIDS in the workplace
- Loss and bereavement
- Trauma counselling
- Alcohol and substance abuse
Apart from the above mentioned we will also be in position not to turn away anyone coming in with issues such as;
- Relationship problems
- Personality disorders; antisocial, obsessive compulsive disorder
- Suicidal Ideation
- Anger management problem, leading to Gender Based Violence, e.t.c
Goals and Objectives of Counseling
The goal of the counseling package is to offer professional counseling services to clients in need of professional psychosocial care and support. As a counseling center we will be dedicated to helping our clients to:
- Gain the necessary tools and strength to rise above their day to day challenges.
- Challenge denial and self-destructive behaviors; suicidal ideation
- Working towards positive lifestyle change; Achieve and maintain adherence
- Supporting clients efforts on acceptance and providing a sense of hope
- Provide realistic feedback on progress in treatment
- Create a rich and meaningful life.
Counselling assumes that positive change may occur as a result of the client-counselor relationship. A positive therapeutic alliance is seen as critical in helping the clients become involved in the treatment process. Clients have to be fully involved in working on a number of intra and inter personal issues as part of treatment. Proper referrals should be made for other needed services.
Supportive Counselling Protocol
- History Taking
- Treatment Plan
- Discharge Plan